IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALL USA TRAVEL
USA pre clearance Authorisation
As of the 12th January 2009, all eligible travellers travelling under the visa waiver programme (VWP) to or transiting through the United States of America will be required to obtain an electronic travel authorisation (ETSA) prior to boarding to travel by air and sea.
POINTS TO NOTE
- Application is made via the internet at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov
- The visa is valid for tourism or business stays of 90 days or less.
- Valid for machine-readable passports only.
- Valid for 2 years or until the traveller’s passport expires unless revoked and whichever comes first.
- Need to be actioned at least 72 hours prior to departure.
- It is not a guarantee of entry into the USA as it is only an approval to board a carrier to travel to the USA.
Please make contact with the USA Consulate, if you do not meet all of the above criteria or if you have a previous criminal conviction.